Brewers that use an immersion chiller, plate chiller, counter flow chiller, or a pump should know that recirculating the wort back into the kettle to whirlpool the wort makes for much faster cooling. An immersion chiller will also make a concentrated pile of trub and hop particles in the center of the kettle bottom keeping it out of those impossible to reach areas of the pump, plate chiller, or counter flow. This whirlpool return should be installed higher than your wort level so that it can extend down the side wall of the kettle before curving to the side to force the recirculated liquid towards the sidewall and around in a circle. The end of the dip tube is slightly bent to make a better wirlpool. Full weldless installation hardware is included. 14" height. The metal tube can be cut to length with a standard pipe cutter if needed.
- (1) Stainless steel elbow dip tube, 11.5 inch x 4 inch
- (1) Stainless steel elbow
- (1) Stainless steel tube compression fittings Male x Tube 1/2" x 1/2"
- (1) Locknut with cut out for O-ring
- (1) High temperature O-ring
- (1) Stainless steel heavy duty Washer
- (1) Stainless steel threaded nipple