If you are currently an extract brewer looking for an easy way to upgrade to all grain and get a better tasting beer, This is the best way to do it. Brewing with whole grains instead of extracts can cut your brewing costs in HALF! You will get better taste, complexity and malt character, Improved attenuation, and more control over the entire process.
This all grain brewing set of 1 NEW converted IGLOO 5 gallon cooler set up as a Mash tun with an 18" stainless steel collection manifold and built in sparge manifold. The mash manifold is a stainless steel mesh tube which serves the same purpose as a "false bottom" but with better filtration and plenty of flow. The advantage is less sediment in the boil, less chance of a stuck or slow mash runoff, and clearer beer!
You will also get a parts kit with bulkhead fitting seals and valve to convert your own second cooler into a Hot liquor tank. Kit includes commercial foodservice grade JOHN GUEST brand fittings, which are push-in type fittings used by most beverage companies like Budweiser, Coca-Cola and Pepsi. No tools are required to disassemble and clean these fittings and valves. All fittings accept any 3/8" OD tubing in plastic, copper, or stainless steel. The plastic tubing supplied is rated to 100 psi @ 180° F.
- (1) 5 Gallon Igloo Cooler (Color Varies: Blue, Green, or Orange)
- (1) Lid with sparge manifold built-in
- (1) Stainless steel braided collection manifold
- (2) John Guest adjustable valves
- (2) Bulkhead unions (one pre-installed)
- (4ft) Extra 3/8" tubing
- (1) Handheld thermometer
- Other John Guest fittings installed in the lower spouts and sparge manifold
- Instructions for use, assembly, and cleaning