Of course, the "best" way to make bourbon or whiskey is with 100% grain and corn. Unfortunately, that's no small feat, especially when you are new and don't have lots of equipment. There is nothing particularly tricky or complicated about it. But there is a learning curve for a new distiller. This recipe is built to make that first step into all-grain distilling welcoming and foolproof. You can make this and you don't need all sorts of fancy stuff to do it. If you are new to all-grain brewing for distilled spirits this recipe is the perfect way to jump in. Even if you completely screw up the mash you will still get a solid result . . . . and honestly you won't. It's pretty easy so get started with this recipe.
- This Whiskey Mask kit contains all the ingredients needed, except spring water, to make a 5 gallon mash of bourbon inspired wash.
- Specialty grains allow for more "mature" flavored bourbon with less time.
- We've included a packet of sanitizing powder to clean and sterilize all your mashing equipment to insure your mash doesn't become contaminated during the mashing process.
- A complete set of step by step instructions and list of all items required to make your mash.
- Grain, Sugar, Yeast, Cleaner, Amylase